Alumina Ceramic Foam Filter For Aluminium can resist the erosion and corrosion of molten aluminum, and provide high-quality, clean aluminum products, reducing waste and inclusion defects in the aluminum casting process, all of which help increase profits.
Aluminum is one of the most useful metals in the world. Pure aluminum is mainly used in the electronics industry to manufacture hard disk drives, conductor tracks on silicon chips, and capacitor foils. When metal forms alloys with other metals such as silicon, zinc, copper, and magnesium, it becomes stronger.
At present, the aluminum industry requires strict metal quality standards to prevent parts failure in key components of automobiles, airplanes, and machinery. Filtration is the last online metal treatment process before liquid metal becomes a casting. Many other upstream process stages are to control the flow and reduce the content of the filter system, the purpose is to produce products that meet or exceed expected standards. Filters in the melting and casting workshop can take many forms, usually divided into multiple-use filter boxes or disposable filters, such as launder cartridges and ceramic foam filters (CFF).
Alumina Ceramic Foam Filter is a high-purity alumina-based product, available in a variety of sizes and grades for use by the aluminum industry. Excellent strength at molten aluminum temperature, durability, high thermal conductivity and good chemical resistance. They are suitable for use in aluminum foundries to remove inclusions.
Features of Alumina Ceramic Foam Filter For Aluminium
- Less likely to have metal flow related problems;
- The flow rate and velocity of the metal flowing through the filter are more consistent;
- Potential to improve the cleanliness of castings;
- A finer filter can be used to filter molten steel and alloys, which was impossible before;
- Greater filtration efficiency, higher turbulence control level;
- Reduce the possibility of metal bypassing the filter;
- Very low friability, reducing the possibility of filter impurities in the casting;
- Compared with before, it has improved the foundry’s confidence in the overall performance of molten steel filtration products.