Alumina ceramic filters use a three-dimensional network structure and organic foam with connected pores as a carrier to invade the thixotropic alumina material slurry. Using a fully automatic extrusion process with square correction center distance, the slurry is evenly spread on the foam skeleton of the carrier, and baked and cured at a high temperature of 1180°C.
The alumina ceramic foam filter is installed in the filter box to filter impurities in the aluminum alloy liquid to meet the needs of producing high value-added, high-tech performance aviation and transportation aluminum alloy precision castings.
The ceramic filter plate is surrounded by a gasket, which acts on the contact surface of the filter plate and the ceramic foam filter box to prevent the aluminum liquid from leaking through the contact surface.
Our alumina ceramic filters use three different specifications of sealing gaskets: fiber paper edge; fiber cotton edge; expanded cotton edge.
Egypt Aluminum uses alumina ceramic foam filters and is very satisfied with the filtering effect. Egypt Aluminum introduced the advantages of alumina filter production:
- It can effectively remove large impurities in molten aluminum and effectively adsorb micron-level impurities. The filtration accuracy of the same mesh size is very high.
- No slag drops, effectively reducing the pollution of molten aluminum.
- Good thermal shock resistance and improved corrosion resistance to molten metal.
Ceramic Foam Filter Uses
- Check and clean the debris on the surface of the filter box to keep the filter box clean and intact.
- Gently put the filter plate into the filter box, and then press the gasket on the filter plate by hand to prevent the aluminum liquid from flowing or floating.
- Preheat the filter box and filter plate uniformly to make it close to the temperature of molten aluminum, and the preheat temperature of the filter plate is not less than 260°C. Preheating to remove adsorbed water helps to open the initial filter pore size immediately and prevents thermal expansion and contraction from causing clogging of the filter plate. Electric heating or gas heating can be used for preheating. Normal heating is 15-30 minutes.