The Molten Aluminum Refining Fluxes are white powder or particle. It is made of a variety of inorganic salts dried and mixed in a certain proportion. It is mainly used to remove hydrogen and floating oxide slag in aluminum solution.
Refining agent used in the smelting of aluminum alloy must meet the following conditions:
1. The melting point shall be lower than that of aluminum alloy.
2. The specific gravity is less than that of aluminum alloy.
3. It can absorb and dissolve inclusions in melt and remove gas from melt.
4. chemical activity shall not occur with metal and lining. If it interacts with metals, it should produce only inert gases that are not soluble in the metal, and foundry flux should not be soluble in molten metal.
5. The moisture absorption is low and the evaporation pressure is low.
6. No harmful impurities and gases shall be contained or produced.
7. It shall have proper viscosity and fluidity.
Molten aluminum refining fluxes are mainly used to remove hydrogen and scum in aluminum water and purify high temperature aluminum alloy melt. Its basic function is to remove internal inclusions and hydrogen from high temperature melt. It also has the function of slag removal.
Aluminum alloy refining agent can be used in all kinds of aluminum alloy melts, smelting, refining, and slagging of pure aluminum. When in use, only need to sprinkle the refining agent on the surface, and then quickly dissolve in the liquid aluminum, and then fully stir. Inert gas is used to inject purification agents, such as nitrogen or argon.
Part of the aluminum alloy refining agent is easy to decompose at high temperature, and the generated gas reacts with hydrogen to strongly absorb the slag, which can quickly separate from the melt and remove the slag.