In the aluminum processing industry, it needs equipment to re-injected liquid metal from smelting furnaces to holding furnaces. So that the liquid metal can flow between the equipment according to the process steps. The current general practice is to arrange a flow channel between the devices, the flow channel is connected to the aluminum liquid outlet, and leads it to the next device, and the equipment in this is what we call the aluminum liquid trough. The AdTech aluminum liquid flow launder is mainly made of high-aluminum fiber, which has the characteristics of light heat insulation.
The AdTech casting launder is used between the online degassing filtration equipment and the casting and rolling mill. It has a dual function: transportation and heat preservation. It has a liner that is used repeatedly or multiple times, and adopts a new high-silicon molten material molding technology. It is mainly used for aluminum alloy products such as aviation, transportation, and other precision castings, such as rolling medium-micron aluminum foil and PS board base for printing.
Aluminum Liquid Trough Features
- High density: The aluminum liquid flow trough is a refractory material based on alumina, which is a compact and durable product.
- Excellent physical properties: Thermal shrinkage coefficient, small expansion coefficient, high surface strength, low heat capacity.
- Good chemical stability: No asbestos, no chemical reaction with aluminum melt
- Good insulation performance: The aluminum liquid flow groove has good thermal insulation performance, and uses high aluminum fiber as the material, which has good thermal insulation performance.
AdTech Launder Advantages
- The aluminum liquid movable launder has good thermal insulation performance, and can achieve a temperature reduction within 1 ℃ per meter.
- It does not react with aluminum liquid at working temperature, has low density, good non-stick aluminum performance, and good operability in casting and rolling.
- The aluminum liquid movable trough is integrally formed with high silicon molten material, and the dimensional accuracy is high.
- The aluminum liquid movable groove can be used repeatedly or multiple times, and the surface is smooth.
- Good anti-sticking aluminum performance, easy to remove the shell.
- Anti-erosion, durable.
- The volume is super stable and resistant to hot and cold shocks; reducing the maintenance of joints between nodes and saving costs.
Casting Launder Instructions
1. Corresponding to the drawing structure, install the movable flow channel, and ensure that the movable flow channel is clean, free of damage, and seamless.
2. Uniformly preheat the installed aluminum liquid launder, and heat up at a uniform rate for 1-2 hours. Check that the redness of the lining surface is within 800°C, so as to remove the adsorbed crystal water, close to the casting temperature.
3. The aluminum liquid trough has no electric heating and baking conditions, so it has to be baked with flames. The first key is to control the flame temperature, and the second is to prevent the flame from roasting directly, and avoid the thermal stress caused by local heating causing the liner to burst. The flame is divided into weak flame (red soft flame), medium flame (yellow), and strong flame (blue and white).