Ceramic foam filter is a new type of industrial ceramic product with low bulk density (0.25~0.65) g/cm3, high porosity (60%~90%) and three-dimensional network structure. It is important for molten metal filtration equipment. Because ceramic foam has excellent properties, such as high temperature resistance, strong chemical resistance and large surface area caused by high porosity, Molten Metal Filtration Equipment is widely used in molten metal filtration to remove undesirable non-metallic inclusions in the melt.
Advantages of Molten Metal Filtration Equipment
- Reduce the gas and inclusions contained in the casting, reduce the turbulence of the molten metal when filling the mold, reduce the surface defects in the casting, and significantly reduce the scrap rate of the casting.
- Increase the compression and sealing of the casting, increase the elongation and tensile strength of the casting, improve the surface finish of the casting, improve the fluidity of the molten metal, increase the filling ability and feeding ability of the melt.
- Simplify the casting system, reduce the length of the lateral flow channel, and increase the casting output.
- Reduce processing time and tool wear, improve the surface quality of castings.
- Ceramic foam has high mechanical strength, chemical stability, high thermal shock resistance and liquid metal flow shock resistance even under high temperature environment. No slag or broken during the work process to ensure the quality of the molten metal and stable chemical composition.
- With a large and stable metal flow rate, even if the content of inclusions in the molten metal is high, it will not block the ceramic foam filter. With high dimensional accuracy, it can be automatically placed on the production line.