The filtration efficiency of the porous alumina plate is closely related to its correct installation and use. At the same time, it is also necessary to prevent the phenomenon of recontamination of the clean aluminum liquid after filtration.
How to Install Porous Alumina Plate
Need to pay attention to the following points:
1. Correct selection of Porous Ceramic Filter:
The selection of filter plate size and hole number specifications must take into account factors such as the flow rate range of a particular casting type, the maximum liquid level of the metal during filtration, the total filtration volume, and the cleanliness of the original aluminum liquid.
2. The pre-treatment of the melt filtration cannot be ignored:
Such as the normal dross slagging and cleaning of the aluminum melting furnace and the holding furnace, and the furnace refining. Especially the online degassing device is still necessary, because it can not only reduce the hydrogen content of the melt, but also remove some non-metallic inclusions.
3. The filter plate must be adapted to the square refractory filter box:
The adaptation of the two facilitates sealing, which not only prevents metal from flowing into the casting box from the gap without being filtered, but also prevents the foam filter plate from being too light and floating in aluminum water to fail.
4. Need to warm up before use:
Pre-heating to remove moisture and facilitate initial filtration. Preheating can be implemented using electric or gas heating. Under normal circumstances, it takes about 15 minutes.
5. In the normal filtration process, there is no need to carry out slagging to avoid knocking and vibration of the filter plate. At the same time, the launder should be filled with aluminum melt to avoid too much disturbance of the aluminum melt.
6. After casting, put the metal in the launder and filter plate. There is a vibrator that is placed on the filter plate and vibrates for one minute. It can shake off about 75% of the remaining liquid metal from the filter plate.
7. Finally clean up for four weeks and remove the filter plate after solidification.