Aluminum has been widely used in industrial applications, such as transportation, packaging, automotive, aerospace, electronics. Inclusion content has long been the main quality standard for many products. As the critical application of inclusions increases, such as products with low final thickness and high surface quality, its importance continues to increase. With the further improvement of downstream customers’ product quality requirements, the purity requirements of the melt are becoming higher and higher, and higher requirements are placed on the melt purification process. The current popular Ceramic Foam Filters for Casting is two-stage CFF filter.
Progress in Ceramic Foam Filters for Casting Research
- 1935- Degussa developed a filter for filtering light metal alloys
- 1940- Development of deep bed filters for aluminum, ceramics and gasoline coke
- 1970- Alcan researched and developed aluminum deep bed filter
- 1975- SELEE develops ceramic foam filters
- 1980- Development of rigid media tube filters (RMF)
- 1990- Development of surface active ceramic foam filter
- 1995- Developed two-stage filter device
- 2002- Development of compact filter devices (Hydro, Alcan, etc.)
- 2010- Germany launched Multi-Functional Filters for Metal Melt Filtration—A Contribution towards Zero Defect Materials project…
- The goal of future filter development: it can remove finer particles, reasonable pressure drop, minimum metal loss, higher filtration efficiency, and more convenient operation.
CFF Filter Manufacturer
AdTech Metallurgical Materials Co., Ltd has been focusing on research, development, production, and marketing of the adhesive ceramic foam filter(CFF) for aluminum alloy casting Since 2012. The technology of ceramic filter has been widely approved by the market, applied for producing multiple series of aluminum alloys products, such as PS baseboard for printing, canning materials, flexible packaging materials, railway vehicle, aerospace products, cables, electrical wires and other high-precision filtration and purification for casting aluminum alloy.
AdTech’s Ceramic Foam Filters for Casting is produced based on a carrier with solid reticular structure and combined organic foam pores.
The producing procedure is as below, put the carrier into the thixotropic alumina slurry, adopt square to center correcting automatic extrusion process. So that slurry evenly deposits in foam skeleton of the carrier. After drying solidification, then the carrier will turn into the final product by roasting formed under 1180 ℃ high temperature. Filter is installed in the filter bowl for filtrating impurity in molten aluminum alloy.