Alumina ceramic foam filters for casting can be made by specific procedures and have peculiar bone-frame holes just like the shape of foam (three-dimensional connected channel) and myriad eyelets which only been found in the big-time microscope.
A process for preparing a ceramic foam filter for filtering molten metal which comprises: providing a reticulated, organic polymer foam; impregnating said foam with an aqueous slurry of a thixotropic ceramic composition including silicon carbide with a colloidal silica binder; drying and heating said impregnated polymer foam to remove the organic components therefrom, and firing at an elevated temperature to produce said ceramic foam filter.
The ceramic foam filter for foundry is usable at high temperature, high strength, erosion resistance, minimal volume change, can effectively filter out micron-scale inclusions in molten aluminum, mainly used in aviation, transportation, and other aluminum alloy precision casting.
AdTech uses the concept of ceramic foam structure for use as a filter medium. We offer filters sized from 7′ up to 26′ and all common porosities between PPI 10 and 70.
Alumina Ceramic Foam Filters Features
1. 3D reticulate structure
2. High mechanical strength, no-dregs off when flapping
3. High porosity
4. Large surface areas, strong absorptivity of impurities
5. Excellent thermal shock resistance
6. Rapid improvement in yield
Alumina Ceramic Foam Filters for Casting Application
Alumina ceramic foam filter can effectively remove and absorb large or small impurities in molten aluminum, improve the surface quality, product performance, and microstructure effectiveness. Mainly used in the domestic, construction, electricity, condensing tubes, cable and other aluminum alloy precision casting.
Ceramic Foam Filter Reference:
1. Aluminum alloy bar choose: 10-30ppi
2. Long-term casting choose: 30-50ppi
3. High-quality aluminum profile or plate choose:40 or 50ppi
4. Double zero wave continuous casting and rolling choose: >50ppi
5. Other specifications can be customized as your requirements