Launder System For Aluminium uses gravity to transport molten aluminum from one location to another. The system usually includes a hot-faced refractory, insulation backing, steel frame, retaining ring and other high-temperature equipment such as thermocouples and gaskets.
They are most commonly used to transport metal from a furnace to a holding furnace, from a holding furnace to a casting station, or to send metal to an online degassing and filtration system.
An effective launder system helps maintain the temperature of the metal and prevents the accumulation of oxides.
Why should the insulation launder be insulated? Why do some aluminum factories use Launder System?
1. Significantly reduce the temperature of the melt in the holding furnace during the initial casting phase and the normal casting phase, and significantly reduce the energy consumption;
2. Help improve and stabilize the internal quality of the melt by reducing the temperature of the melt in the holding furnace;
3. Especially for the stage of strip casting and rolling, it can reduce the temperature drop of the aluminum liquid to the greatest extent, thereby reducing or even avoiding the heating requirement for the melt of the holding furnace;
4. Try to avoid the rapid heat and cold of the lining of the launder, which helps to extend the service life of refractory materials.
In the foundry, Launder Systems For Aluminium is usually used to transport molten aluminum from the furnace to the CFF box, degassing Unit, top-hot casting system and other casting units. The launder system varies in shape and size, but usually consists of a refractory hot surface lining and insulation material in a steel shell. The launder design must consider the metal speed, the metal temperature at the casting station (temperature loss due to the distance to the casting station), the specific alloy to be cast, and other variables.
Advantages of Launder Systems
1. High resistance to chemical attack
2. Low thermal conductivity
3. Excellent mechanical strength
4. Heat shock resistance
5. Reduce heat loss