Aluminum Smelter Refining Agent is a compound added to Molten Aluminum pools to refine the molten metal and improve the quality of castings. They are blended for processes and application areas with specific roles. Fluxes assist in surface protection, scum treatment, furnace wall cleaning, metal cleaning, hydrogenation and refining.
Aluminum alloy in the melting process inevitably absorb and carry gas, resulting in a series of defects, such as casting products of holes, shrinkage cavity and pores, cracks and leakage, high purity.
This will reduce the alloy content, affecting the quality.
Therefore, it is necessary to refine and purify Aluminum alloy by smelting process in order to eliminate these gases and Aluminum slag, improve the quality of Aluminum alloy, and add Molten Aluminum Refining to Aluminum alloy for Refining and purification is a conventional measure.
By mixing Molten Aluminum Refining with Refining Flux, hydrogen content can be reduced and nonmetallic oxides can be removed. Improper operation will lead to large consumption and high cost of the refining agent, as well as environmental problems after production, including aluminum, ash and slag.
Characteristics of Aluminum Smelter Refining Agent
1. Use nitrogen to blow the refined preparation into aluminum melt and refine it, with good impurity removal effect, high degassing capacity and less consumption. Without the use of online degassing device, the hydrogen content can be reduced to 0.10-0.15 mL / 100gAl.
2. The refining agent does not react chemically with the furnace lining, controlling the heating effect and reducing the loss, and the aluminum oxidation and burning rate is reduced by more than 30%, and the aluminum slag production is reduced by 50%.
3. The magnesium nitride added by the refined preparation has a strong ability to break and dissolve alumina, and can react with alumina.
4. After melting of refining agent, the structure of aluminum alloy round ingot is compact and even, basically without loosening, slag inclusion and other defects, which increases the uniformity and fineness of internal structure of aluminum alloy round ingot.
The yield of aluminum alloy ingot was increased from 95.5% to 98.5% in terms of improving grain size, quality and machining performance of processed aluminum extruded alloy profiles.
5. Can effectively remove small size of oxide inclusion, and its affinity is significantly improved.