Ceramic Filter Molten Metal Filtration is mainly used for continuous purification of aluminum water and has a good deep filtration effect. The use of molten metal filtration technology is an effective means to improve the surface and internal quality of castings. Our company produces ceramic foam filter products, which are sold domestically and exported to more than forty countries and regions.
Foam Ceramic Filter for Aluminum Instructions
1. Aperture selection
Continuous casting and rolling: 40~60ppi
Gravity casting: 10~30ppi
Semi-continuous casting: 30~70ppi
High-quality aluminum or plate: 40~90ppi
2. Clean the CFF filter box.
3. Gently put the filter plate into the filter box, and press the sealing gasket around the filter plate by hand to prevent the aluminum liquid from flowing by.
4. Evenly preheat the filter box and the filter plate to make it close to the temperature of the molten aluminum. Preheat to remove water and facilitate the initial instant filtration. The preheating can be implemented by electric or gas heating. Normally it takes about 15 %. ~30 minutes.
5. Pay attention to the change of the aluminum hydraulic head when pouring. The normal initial pressure head is 100~150mm. When the aluminum liquid starts to pass, the pressure head will drop below 75~100mm, and then the pressure head will gradually increase.
6. In the normal filtration process, avoid knocking and vibrating the filter plate, and at the same time make the launder full of aluminum water to avoid too much disturbance of the aluminum water.
7. After filtering, take out the filter plate in time and clean the filter box.
Precautions for the Use of Ceramic Filter Molten Metal Filtration
1. The filter is ceramic, so you must be careful when handling it to avoid bumps.
2. The debris in the filter must be blown off first, and then put into the filter holder.
3. After putting the filter into the filter holder, check that the top surface of the filter cannot be higher than the parting surface.
4. Store in a dry and ventilated place to avoid rain and excessive pressure.
5. Carry carefully to prevent collision and trampling during transportation.
6. If the shelf life exceeds 1 year, it is recommended to use it after drying.