The correct ceramic foam filter installation is closely related to filtration efficiency. At the same time, the conventional and necessary measures taken to reduce inclusions in the smelting, furnace treatment, casting and other processes cannot be ignored because of the filter process. It is also necessary to prevent the recontamination of the filtered clean aluminum liquid.
Ceramic Foam Filter Installation
1. Correct selection of filter plate:
The size of the ceramic foam filter plate and the selection of the number of holes must take into account factors such as the flow rate range of the specific casting type, the maximum level of the metal during filtration, the total filtration volume, and the cleanliness of the original molten aluminum.
2. The pretreatment of melt filtration cannot be ignored:
Such as normal slagging and cleaning of aluminum melting furnace and holding furnace; refining in the furnace, etc. Especially in-type degassing device is still necessary, because it can not only reduce the hydrogen content of the melt, but also remove some non-metallic inclusions.
3. The filter plate must be compatible with the filter box:
The two are adapted to facilitate sealing, which not only prevents the metal end from being filtered and flows into the casting box from the gap, but also prevents the foam filter plate from being too light and floating in the aluminum water and failing.
4. Preheat before use:
Preheat to remove water and facilitate initial instant filtration. Preheating can be implemented by electric or gas heating. Under normal circumstances, it takes about 15 minutes.
5. In the normal filtering process, there is no need to slag, avoid knocking and vibrating the filter plate. At the same time, the ladle should be filled with molten aluminum to avoid too much disturbance.
6. After casting, drain the metal on the launder and filter plate.
7. Finally, clean up the surrounding area and take out the filter plate after solidification.