Most aluminum smelting furnaces or holding furnaces in the aluminum casting industry are equipped with molten aluminum outlets, which are blocked and sealed with ceramic fiber refractory plugs. Ceramic fiber refractory plugs are also called heat preservation plugs, heat preservation cones, tap out cones, vacuum formed shapes.
Our tap out cone selects ceramic fiber to be made by vacuum forming. The technology and equipment make each plug have a flat surface. More importantly, it has proper hardness and toughness. It is not fragile and does not peel off. It is suitable for mechanical or artificial blocking and removal operations.
The ceramic fiber plugs are used in aluminum smelting furnaces, static furnaces, and refining furnaces, making the aluminum and aluminum alloy casting process more convenient and reliable. AdTech has a stable supply of different size ceramic fiber plugging for current users in batches, which is sufficient to witness the reliability and size of our materials. You only need to provide the size of ceramic fiber plug, we will meet your needs and give you a satisfactory price.
Ceramic Fiber Refractory Plugs Advantages
- Light weight: made of refractory fiber products in vacuum.
- Small heat capacity: the refractory fiber itself has little heat absorption and small heat loss.
- High thermal stability, thermal shock resistance, and long service life.
- Good electrical insulation performance, the thermal conductivity is low.
- Good chemical stability, no corrosion to most chemicals.
- Used in continuous casting aluminum profile industry and aluminum alloy manufacturing industry, and can achieve significant economic benefits.
Most aluminum foundries use these ceramic fiber plugs to ensure the normal casting of molten aluminum, such as Rusal and Alcoa. The plugs can be used in the outlets of the furnace or casting platform. Because in continuous casting, a residence time is required in the middle of each casting to prevent the blockage of molten aluminum. This can also prevent the secondary pollution of molten aluminum.