Foundry Feed Tip is located in front of the rolls of rolling equipment in the aluminum alloy field and is used to guide aluminum alloys. The molten aluminum enters the pouring nozzle from the rear inlet, and then is discharged from the front outlet, enters the roll, where it is cooled by the roll and rolled into a cast billet.
Usually, the width of the cast-rolled billet is determined by the outlet width of the foundry feed tip. In order to improve equipment utilization and reduce operating costs, the width of plates produced by ordinary casting and rolling equipment is relatively wide, generally reaching 1450mm-1600mm.
For cast-rolled slabs with a width of less than 800mm, if the traditional equipment structure and production method are used for production, the unit output will decrease.
In the aluminum alloy casting process, nozzle clamps are needed to support and clamp the nozzles made of refractory materials (brittle, fragile). There are important adjustments to the adjustment of the nozzle opening, the adjustment of the plate shape, and the adjustment of the grouting area. Therefore, it has a great impact on product quality.
The casting-rolling zone refers to the area between the centerline of the two rolls (also called the roll centerline) and the leading edge of the aluminum caster tip.
The length of the cast-rolling zone is determined before the start of the cast-rolling. It is determined by the thickness of the cast-rolled sheet, roll diameter, alloy, equipment capacity, force and sprays lip thickness.
General principles for the setting of casting and rolling zone
1. The thickness of the cast-rolled plate increases, and the cast-rolled area decreases.
2. The diameter of the casting roll increases, and the casting area increases.
3. The thickness of the pouring lip increases, and the casting area increases.
4. The rolling force of the equipment is large, and the casting and rolling area are enlarged.
5. The cast-rolling zone of pure aluminum and the soft alloy is slightly longer, and the cast-rolling zone of the hard alloy is slightly shorter.